- Went back to work after 6 weeks. Note to self: really should try to take 8 weeks minimum if I ever decide to have another child.
- Last week I got a breast infection. It did not feel good.
- I found the best tip ever for pumping: refrigerate the pump parts between pumps and reduce washing! I can't tell you the number of times I've washed pieces in the middle of the night and wanted to just throw them on the ground and go to bed.
- After work yesterday, Jude decided she needed to eat for 2 hours straight.
- Last night, I woke up with some weird form of acid reflux where it felt like I dry-swallowed a horse pill and it was just sitting in the bottom of my throat.
- Yesterday I reflected on my day when I finally got to bed and realized I spent exactly 30 minutes relaxing/doing something non-essential.
- Today I caught myself standing in the work kitchen eating the leftover veggie tray from last week's office potluck and a bag of croutons.
- I feel guilty for feeling bad.
Snuggling with my baby girl still makes me remember it's all worth it, but oh my am I exhausted. Some days, I just feel defeated.
To new moms out there everywhere, hang in there if you know what I'm talking about. To not-so-new moms out there, hats off to you.